Founded in 1986, BDP Quadrangle is one of Canada’s leading architecture, design and urbanism practices. We design for the full spectrum of the built environment including mixed-use, residential, workplace, retail, transit, media, education and health.
We’re incredibly proud of the work we do, which is reflected in our diverse project portfolio. We’ve been dedicated to building a reputation that allows us to work with the best clients in the industry, from innovative entrepreneurs to major players across industries.
In 2020, our 200+ person, Toronto-based studio became the North American headquarters of BDP, a major global interdisciplinary design practice with locations across three continents. Together, we are inspired to create places that foster wellbeing, inclusivity and sustainable futures at home and around the world.
Our team of award-winning designers deliver beauty, style, and quality to create environments in which to live, work and play. In addition to interiors work, our team seamlessly integrates with our architectural and retail practices on holistically delivered projects and brand-defining store designs.
BDP Quadrangle is seeking a Junior Interior Designer, ideally with one year of experience in design firm environments or the ability to demonstrate the skills outlined below. Junior design team members of the Studio act in a way to promote the success of the firm by assisting in the design, production and coordination of projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain high level of design, seeking assistance when required;
- Ensure high standards of document production are maintained;
- Work collaboratively as a team member;
- Basic understanding and assists with consultant and supplier material coordination;
- Manage individual time and deadlines;
- Assist with design, data gathering, space planning and production of construction drawings;
- Assist in FF&E selections and specifications;
- Assisted/supervised site visits and surveys documenting the construction process;
- Use BDP Quadrangle communications standards to ensure accurate and professional communications.
Key competencies, skills and professional requirements:
- Must have an Interior Design degree or diploma;
- Prior industry experience is preferred;
- Experience working collaboratively on projects with supervision;
- Shows curiosity about municipal approval processes and building code;
- Excellent design and visual communication skills;
- Good automation skills demonstrated in either technical or design communication software;
- Previous experience using Revit or AutoCAD and Adobe Suite in a professional environment;
- Shows curiosity in the building process and interest in site experience;
- Excellent communication skills with team members to ensure accuracy.
We’re always looking to grow our studio alongside people who share our passion for innovation and design and who want be part of a culture that fosters wellbeing, inclusivity and sustainable futures. We’re proud to be able to offer outstanding career opportunities, along with a mentorship program to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm.
Interested in us? Send us your résumé at: email@example.com
BDP Quadrangle is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices by accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.