Founded in 1986, BDP Quadrangle is one of Canada’s leading architecture, design and urbanism practices. We design for the full spectrum of the built environment including mixed-use, residential, workplace, retail, transit, media, education and health.
We’re incredibly proud of the work we do, which is reflected in our diverse project portfolio. We’ve been dedicated to building a reputation that allows us to work with the best clients in the industry, from innovative entrepreneurs to major players across industries.
In 2020, our 200+ person, Toronto-based studio became the North American headquarters of BDP, a major global interdisciplinary design practice with locations across four continents. Together, we are inspired to create places that foster wellbeing, inclusivity, and sustainable futures at home and around the world.
BDP Quadrangle is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist with 8 years of experience in an architectural or engineering office environment. The position reports to the Financial Reporting Manager and will work closely with other Finance team members and the studio. Previous experience with Deltek Vision or other accounting project-based environment is preferred.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for managing the accounts payable process which includes the following:
• Manage Accounts Payable database, ensure proper maintenance of all accounting documents, verification of vendor statements, and generate accounts payable reports as required for the month-end close;
• Managing weekly and ad-hoc disbursements;
• Overseeing all requests for payment information and ensures that proper payment procedures are followed adhering to company policies;
• Processing all RBC and HSBC online payments before the due date;
• Vendor master file maintenance which includes, validating new vendor setup including
bank details and AP accounts in the accounting system, as well as managing changes in vendor payment details and ensure they are correctly set up for payment;
• Reviewing all vendor reconciliations for completeness and ensure they are finalized as scheduled;
• Remit government payments and non-resident withholding remittances;
• Assisting in internal and external audit process as required;
• Reviewing new contracts for impact to budget, advise on the signing entities and intercompany cost allocations;
• Participating in a wide variety of ad-hoc reporting, special projects and analysis as required;
• Developing, implementing, and maintaining systems, procedures, and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines;
• Act as the point of escalation for system/vendor issues and resolve these in collaboration with IT;
• Recommending process improvements to gain efficiencies, reduce errors and ensure records are complete and recorded in the correct period.
Skills and Competencies Required:
• University degree with focus in accounting;
• Eight years experience working within a Finance/Accounting department with full a Payables Cycle;
• Professional Experience using MS Office and ERP software, like Deltek Vision and EleVia PAT are highly desirable;
• Effective written and verbal communication skills;
• The ability to be flexible and adaptable;
• The ability to work independently but also to contribute to a larger accounting team;
• Balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced studio environment;
• Attention to detail and deadlines is required;
• Knowledge of payroll an asset.
We’re always looking to grow our studio alongside people who share our passion for innovation and design and who want be part of a culture that fosters wellbeing, inclusivity and sustainable futures. We’re proud to be able to offer outstanding career opportunities, along with a mentorship program to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm.
Interested in us? Send us your résumé at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BDP Quadrangle is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices by accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.