Founded in 1986, BDP Quadrangle is one of Canada’s leading architecture, design and urbanism practices. We design for the full spectrum of the built environment including mixed-use, residential, workplace, retail, transit, media, education and health.
We’re incredibly proud of the work we do, which is reflected in our diverse project portfolio. We’ve been dedicated to building a reputation that allows us to work with the best clients in the industry, from innovative entrepreneurs to major players across industries.
In 2020, our 200+ person, Toronto-based studio became the North American headquarters of BDP, a major global interdisciplinary design practice with locations across three continents. Together, we are inspired to create places that foster wellbeing, inclusivity and sustainable futures at home and around the world.
BDP Quadrangle is seeking a senior architect with approximately ten years of experience in the design, production and coordination of complex projects. In addition to a high level of design expertise, candidates should possess a strong knowledge of building science. Senior team members of the studio act in a way to promote the success of the firm by leading teams and mentoring other staff members, maintaining and developing client relationships, leading a high level of design production and coordination of multiple projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee coordination of external consultants;
- Manage project team time and deadlines to meet deliverables;
- Ensure high quality of work;
- Manage project fees and budgets;
- Maintain client relationships;
- Coaching, mentoring and guiding team members;
- Delegate, lead and teach others.
Key Competencies, skills and professional requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture;
- Approximately ten years of related industry experience;
- Strong knowledge of building science and construction detailing;
- Excellent design and visual communication skills;
- Experience using Revit in a professional environment is preferred;
- Critical thinking, effective problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Strong collaboration skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We’re always looking to grow our studio alongside people who share our passion for innovation and design and who want be part of a culture that fosters wellbeing, inclusivity and sustainable futures. We’re proud to be able to offer outstanding career opportunities, along with a mentorship program to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm.
Interested in us? Send us your résumé at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BDP Quadrangle is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices by accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.