Founded in 1986, BDP Quadrangle is one of Canada’s leading architecture, design and urbanism practices. We design for the full spectrum of the built environment including mixed-use, residential, workplace, retail, transit, media, education and health.
We’re incredibly proud of the work we do, which is reflected in our diverse project portfolio. We’ve been dedicated to building a reputation that allows us to work with the best clients in the industry, from innovative entrepreneurs to major players across industries.
In 2020, our 200+ person, Toronto-based studio became the North American headquarters of BDP, a major global interdisciplinary design practice with locations across three continents. Together, we are inspired to create places that foster wellbeing, inclusivity and sustainable futures at home and around the world.
BDP Quadrangle is seeking a Proposal & Pursuit Specialist to join the Business Development and Marketing team, and will work closely with senior management and project leads to create compelling responses to local and national project opportunities across our relevant sectors and areas of expertise. The Proposal & Pursuit Specialist will develop winning strategies and prepare creative responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), Expressions of Interest (EOI) and will be responsible for the organization of bid content, documentation, processes and pipeline data required to continuously improve the quality and success of all submissions. The ideal candidate establishes collaborative and productive relationships with team members and throughout the studio.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key Competencies, Skills and Professional Requirements
- Organizes and prepares tailored attractive responses to RFPs, RFQs, EOIs and other proposal requests;
- Monitors all relevant procurement websites and databases to identify and qualify potential new business opportunities;
- Communicates and coordinates with senior management and project leads to gather information per proposal response requirements, specific client needs, proposed fees and required sub-consultants;
- Oversees the development, organization and maintenance of regularly used bid content (CVs, project experience, qualifications, templates etc.) to improve the assembly of proposals and to allow more time spent creating tailored responses;
- Collaborates with other team members to prepare for client interviews and presentations;
- Maintains proposal pipeline data and related information in the studio’s Client Relationship Management System (CRM);
- Requests and coordinates client debrief and feedback sessions to better inform future proposals and pursuits;
- Provides research and insights on prospective client groups and key contacts;
- Manages tasks of other team members supporting the preparation of proposal requirements and related documentation.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience coordinating and preparing creative responses to RFPs, RFQs, EOIs and specific client objectives;
- University degree or college diploma, preferably in architecture, design, marketing, journalism or equivalent experience;
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to synthesize information into compelling content;
- Excellent writing, storytelling, editing and proofreading capabilities;
- Highly proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office;
- Experience with Deltek Vision (CRM) and OpenAsset (DAM), considered an asset;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery;
- Works well in a team environment where there's acceptance of continuous improvement and openness for sharing and accepting feedback.
Reporting Structure: This role will report to the Business Development Manager
We’re always looking to grow our studio alongside people who share our passion for innovation and design and who want be part of a culture that fosters wellbeing, inclusivity and sustainable futures. We’re proud to be able to offer outstanding career opportunities, along with a mentorship program to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm.
Interested in us? Send us your résumé at: email@example.com
BDP Quadrangle is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices by accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.